Friday, January 9, 2009

Vegas Baby!

For Tom's birthday I totally surprised him with a fully planned vacation. ( So, I planned the trip and reserved airfare and hotel but waiting until his birthday was another story)
I have been so excited to give Tom his gift, I really wanted to give it to him the day I had it all planned but I just kept counting down the days! I was so close, only hours really when I spilled the beans in a completely Innocent conversation, on the phone. I really didn't even catch that I had told him until he said who, is going to Vegas?! I didn't know what to do or say so I hung up on him. I know very immature, but I just didn't know what to say. When he got home, only minutes later i let him open the package that contained the trip and all info.
He was so excited and hey, it's for two so I was happy too. He just kept saying really? Are we really going to Vegas? He had a perm-a grin on his face the whole night! So it may have been a little early but hey it put a smile on his face anyways, just a day early. Now we just keep counting down the days until we get to go. We are excited and a little sad to leave our kids for 4 days. We know they will be taken care of but, what if they are a pain for those who are watching them? I guess that is all parents fears. RIGHT?


4 comments:

Janice said...

OOh! Sounds fun, you lasted longer on the surprise than I would have. I hope you guys have fun :-)

jEn paiGe said...

Have tons of fun you guys, and let me know if you need help with the kids!

Anonymous said...

You Suck!!! ha ha Your page looks so dang cute!! You are very creative and have really cute ideas.

Amy said...

How fun! What a great birthday present!