

Yes, it's over! Pack Night that is. I volunteered to help with Pack night for the month of March while the "regulars" were out having a baby. At first I was only going to just be helping with the activity, then it was the whole thing and then it was to include an Arrow of light ceremony. Well of course I had my other Webelos leader, Sallie helping, but I just felt like I couldn't be prepared enough! Sallie had the great idea of rotations and then every other idea just fell in to place. We got two men to talk about their jobs ( the theme was "When I grow up" ) and Sallie and I did a game. We prepared a little "skit" for the the boy who was getting his Arrow and I even had drum music to go with it. We set up early and everything seemed to be in the right place. Seemed is what I said, the mic worked before everyone got there and then it didn't, plus I totally forgot to tell the parents to have their kids sit with them instead of sitting on the front row, thus adding to the noise and no mic problem.
I skipped through the skit, witch worked out great cause the skit group didn't have one anyways! We didn't set up enough chairs, but that seemed to work it's self out. Sallie did a great job acting out our "skit" and Erica was great at being the "Filmer"f or it too! I am so grateful for everyone's help and support! I am glad his Arrow of Light went pretty well because I only had four days to prepare for it, buy the rabbit fur and an arrow.( It was quite a task too, I called like every archery place in our county.) Our game was on a learn as we go basis, so the first group got a little "cheated" but the next two groups went well. The whole pack night was over before I even knew it! We did it! It was all done and over before 8:00. That means less than 1 hour! yea! I was sad that no one could hear very well and that I didn't get to hear the great men that spoke but all in all it's done!
So, I came home and got ready for bed and went to lay down and my head was going 90. I just couldn't go to sleep! I just kept replaying the night over and over again, like I could change it ?! Somehow I fell asleep and now here I am blogging about it like it is the "biggest" thing I have ever done. I know this isn't true, but I think it is the first thing in awhile that I have put so much thought and time in to lately. Sad I know. All I have to say is I am glad I don't have that calling. I am going on my 5th year in scouts and still love it. It has been challenging, (I didn't grow up with brother's) rewarding and quite an honor to have a hand in "molding" young men into leaders of tomorrow.
Sorry to just ramble on but now I feel much better!


4 comments:
Hey! It takes a lot of work to pull something like that together! You always do such a great job...too bad the mic didn't work!
You are so funny!! Everything you do turns out perfect!!!
I bet youa re relieved! And good luck with your award tomorrow! You deserve it. I hope you are still in scouts next year when Carter starts cuz I have NO CLUE how it all works. But my dad and Dave were Eagle scouts and I'd love for my boys to accomplish that too. It looks good on college apps and stuff. Lol, I ramble...
Wow sounds like a lot of work, and tons of fun
Post a Comment