Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hunting report



Well Tom made it back from hunting. He had a great time but no deer for him. Four out of five is not bad though. Tom's Dad, brother, cousin and uncle all got their deer tag filled. Tom already cooked up his Dads deer heart. Sydnee loved it! Myself on the other hand just can't get past the fact that it is a heart! Hello yuck! All in all they had a good time and there is plenty of deer meat to go around! Better luck next year!

3 comments:

Randi said...

WOW, you are a good woman. I wouldn't let a deer heart thru my front door! ;)

Amy said...

Ed got a deer the first year we were married. Actually, since we were married on October 17th- he got the deer the weekend of our honeymoon. It was so romantic.... yeah right!

I had never had deer meat and was amazed that it tasted pretty much like beef. So we used up about 1/8 of the meet that winter. After I got pregnant in March the next Spring, the meat didn't sit very well with me. I haven't been able to eat it since.

I've been wanting Ed to look into getting an Elk tag. I heard it was better-tasting and not a gamey.

Or I might just have to stick to beef.

I do like knowing that Ed knows how to hunt, clean, and get the deer down off the mountain. And I know he's looking forward to teaching the boys.

jEn paiGe said...

Maybe he will get one next year!!