Sunday, October 5, 2008

No-kids?

So how do you spend the weekend without any kids? We had really great ideas but it rained. So what did we do while our kids spent the night at Uncle Jim and Aunt Crystal's? We went to Ikea, because I have been wanting some end-tables for down stairs and have never been to Ikea. Oh, my gosh that store is huge we didn't even look at the lower level. I found the tables I wanted but of course they are out-of-stock.(You can only get them in store) I guess I may be making a return trip up to Draper.
We got back to Provo just in time to see the movie Eagle Eye. It was a great movie and thankfully we got good seats. I forget that at the mall you need to wait in line for like 30-40 minutes before the movie starts to get a good seat. After we got our seats Tom went and got us some yummy popcorn, okay more like me some. (anyone who knows me knows I can't go to the movies and not get popcorn)The next day we slept in! It was great but very strange, not hearing, "mom, I am hungry." After we decided we slept enough of our day away we went to the spa and got massages. Tom had never got one and it took a lot to talk him into one. The massage was awesome! Tom is hooked too. We ate lunch and then went home and watched a movie. It was nice just to hang-out.
We ate dinner at the Outback. I love this restaurant! I quite enjoy their mushroom and their steaks. Yum, yum!
We are so grateful to Jim and Crystal for watching our kids and look forward to next week-end watching their kids so they can have their "no kids weekend!" Our kids had a blast at their cousins and we heard they were great! Yea, maybe we can do this again.

4 comments:

jEn paiGe said...

wow! I can't believe you got Tom to get a massage! That is so awesome! It looks like you had a ton of fun!

Richard and Camie said...

You guys look like you had a blast!! That sounds like you have a great thing going on with the trading weekends thing! It will definitely be good for your relationship with you and Tom and with the kids!

TiffanyHarrison said...

I think that is a great idea to trade!! Families are the best!! It looks like you guys had a great time, good for you!:^)

Amy said...

What a fun weekend! I'm glad you finally got to use your Gift Certificate to Primrose. And I loved all of the logos in the post. Glad you had fun!