
So, November 1st started out the Pheasant hunt! I think all the men on Tom's side of the family start preparing for this hunt months in advance. They keep there eyes open for any pheasants running through the fields and keep a tally of who has cut their corn and who might. They also see what fields are posted and as for this year the new time they can start. Tom's sisters birthday is November 2nd and they always say they want pheasant dinner for their birthday, this making the men really have to step up to the plate and bring "dinner home"! This year they all knew the hunt was not going to be that great! (they didn't see very many pheasants around) Tom, his cousin, his cousins friends, Tom's Dad and brother headed out this year and by the end of opening day they had one and one raccoon. (the raccoon was a plus since they eat the chicken's and all the corn and veggies) They usually have 10-15 people down there to hunt with. I guess they knew it might not be the best year to hunt pheasant. I think the hunt runs for two weeks so maybe better luck next time they go out!


1 comment:
What kind of birthday is it when I don't even get pheasant for dinner?? jk Jim did leave his for us to cook..yummy
Post a Comment