Labor Day Weekend, at Thousand Lake Mountain.
This is Neff's, we rode our wheeler's up a fairly challenging trail to get there. Thank goodness I have been up there this year already. Sam and I took the kids out on the raft, it was fun! It took us a while to get our paddling in tune though.
Sydnee caught the first fish of the day and was quite pleased with herself!
The poodle, Sam, Mom, Sawyer, Dad, Lyle and Linda at an over look.It's nice to have family and friends to go camping with.We rode the Great Western trail to many wonderful views, lakes and Beaver Dams. We love riding in the thickest forest and cruising fast through the desert floor. I am so grateful to live in a beautiful state that has so many different season's and it's many different types of terrain.
Sawyer just loves his sister! He will follow her anywhere. Times like this make the crazy times just fade away.
We set up our hammock and leave it to Sydnee to turn it into a jungle gym. If you look close she is actually in it upside-down.
So our trip was great! We didn't get rained on but the temps dropped and the wind picked up. On Sunday night my cousin, his girlfriend and her son came up to roast marshmallows and talk. It was nice to see him again.
Answer this...
We love to camp and see new places go fishing and cook dutch oven, although we have missed every parade and "city days" this year, I wonder am I cheating my children out of that experience? I love fireworks and parades are okay,but Tom hates hot boring parades, so are my kids missing out? So camping or "City days"? Next year maybe I can be more organized and make it to at least one parade.? (We made it to one set of city fireworks and we all enjoyed them, made it one rodeo which Sydnee "Mutton Busted" in.) So Mom's who want to help their children experience all this life has to offer how do we pack it all in?
8 comments:
Way cute pics!
Utah's landscape is one of the many reasons I will never live anywhere else- it is so beautiful.
On a side note- my friend helped me learn how to use the cute backgrounds- if you want, I could show you sometime. I'm sure you could figure it out too- just follow the link on the right hand side of my blog titled "Cutest blogs on the block."
I think you're doing a great job "fitting it all in". Don't second guess yourself, just go with the flow and do whatever works for your family at any given moment. Mix it up a little but don't worry about being everywhere at once. As long as you are together and having a good time, that's all your kids will care about and remember.
Cute picts btw and I love your new background.
Cute pictures. I finally started blogging again.
Check it out floresmelissa.blogspot.com
I say camping with family. I think you can enjoy each other more. The craziness of the crowds takes away from that sometimes. Also as my kids get older they are less interested in parades. And we are cool with watching fireworks from afar. Just my opinion. Luv ya Miss ya!
Love your pictures! It looks like you had tons of fun! It is always great when the kids get along so well!! I think camping is the way to go, of course Jimmy obviously doesn't feel that way...see ya.
Hi I found you off of Heathers blog. Cute pictures. Your kids are getting so big..Anne Fonville(heathers sister)
We love, admire & greatly appreciate our children & Grandchildren. We are in awe & amazement of thier wonderfulness & of thier accomplishments!!
We can't get enough camping & riding the ATV'S!!!
We love it when our kids join us. We have wonderful riding & camping buddies!!
You guys look like you had a blast! I can't wait til we go with you, we feel a little like the black sheeps of the family, oh well!! Your blog looks great, you are a pro already! About the camping vs parades, I say camping or anything that gets the family together to have a good time, you are doing great, don't get down on yourself you can't do it all or else you would be a nut case!! luv ya
Post a Comment